Continuing Education hours: 2
This Plants Plus focuses on small space gardening using containers. “Small spaces” can mean a lot of different things – from an apartment balcony to containers on a front stoop to window boxes!
You’ll learn about:
- Growing edibles in a small space container garden, including recommended cultivars
- Growing perennials in a small space container garden, including cultivars to try
- Overwintering perennials in containers
There are three videos in this playlist. Please note, the third video has audio issues. A transcript with slides has been provided below if you prefer to get the information that way.
- Small Space Gardening YouTube playlist
- Presenter: Dr. Patti Nagai, Extension Professor Emeritus
- Video 1: ~37 minutes, Video 2: ~20 minutes, Video 3: ~22 minutes. Total: 1 hr 15 minutes
Transcript of Video 3 with slides: Due to audio issues, you can read the transcript of the third video if you prefer.
Read the following article to reinforce concepts of container gardening. This article has a community garden point of view and includes information about raised beds, which can also be a small space option if ground space is available.
- Raised Beds and Containers for Community Gardens, University of Wisconsin-Madison Division of Extension
Extra Resources: Feel free to read if you’re interested. It’s not required to earn your 2 hours.
- Overwintering Container Grown Ornamentals, University of Massachusetts Amherst (This article was referenced in the videos.)
Once you complete the quiz, you’ve earned 2 hours of continuing education.