Continuing Education hours: 2.5
Please note: This Plants Plus module counts for 2.5 hours for completing the video and quiz. The readings in the Extra Resources section are optional.
The video is ~2 hours long. (That’s a long time!) We recommend doing it in two chunks: First, Benefits of Houseplants + Bringing Plants Home (~58 mins); Second, Easy Care Houseplant Selection (~1 hour). You don’t have to watch it all in one sitting. Feel free to break it up! You can simply pause and resume at any time.
Full length video:
- Dr. Patti Nagai, former Extension Horticulture Educator, Racine County
- Houseplants video link
- Video is ~2 hours
These are great resources on houseplants or were mentioned in the video. These aren’t required reading to earn the 2.5 hours of Continuing Ed but are here if you want to learn more!
- Common Plants: What’s Poisonous and What’s Not, UW Health and Wisconsin Poison Center
- Houseplant Care, University of Wisconsin-Madison Division of Extension
- Preventing, Diagnosing, and Correcting Common Houseplant Problems, Penn State Extension
- Fertilizing Houseplants, University of Connecticut Extension
- A cool key to diagnosing your own houseplant problems, Purdue Extension
- Winter Care for Houseplants, Nebraska Extension