Annual Program Highlights
Volunteers in the Master Gardener Program are required to “enroll” in the program each year. This includes activating your account in the Online Reporting System (if not done already), agreeing to the conditions of volunteer service and volunteer behavior agreement.
- The Master Gardener Program in Washburn County started in 1999.
- Burnett, Sawyer, and Washburn Counties collaborate for a regional program based out of the Spooner Agriculture Research Station.
Where to find MGVs in Washburn County
- Bashaw Valley Farm and Greenhouse – conducting Mini-Master Gardener session (teaching)
- Washburn County Fair
- School Gardens at Spooner Elementary and Middle Schools
- Spooner Head Start and Lakeland Family Resource Center
- Washburn County Senior Centers
- Washburn County Family Fest
- Spooner Library
- Spooner Agriculture Research Station Teaching and Display Garden