This April 2021, we are putting all our online learning in one spot: our new online classroom, Canvas.
If you completed Master Gardener Program annual enrollment this year, you will get exclusive access to Canvas. We will send you a NetID by email. A NetID is a special, UW-Madison issued username. You must use your NetID username plus a password to get into Canvas. It is different than your Online Reporting System (ORS) username and password.
Your netID will be sent to the email address on file in the Master Gardener Program Online Reporting System (ORS).
Here is all the stuff you will find inside Canvas in one convenient spot!
- Volunteer Vibe
- Plants Plus
- Onboarding Lite (highly recommended in 2021, counts for 10 hours of Continuing Education)
- All future advanced training courses
We are happy to tell you about some of the perks Canvas will give us.
- All in one location: All online learning supported by the state program office will be in one spot. You can also keep track of learning modules you’ve completed or Volunteer Vibes you have read.
- Interactive and fun: We will use fun features like quizzes, puzzles, and more, to make online learning more engaging.
- All the usual good stuff will be there: Readings, videos, podcasts, resources, links- all the things you’re used seeing in our educational online classes are making the move to Canvas.
If you require technical assistance, please contact the DoIT Helpdesk and state that you are an L3 student within the Division of Extension.