All of our online learning is now in our online classroom, Canvas.
Use your UW-Madison net ID to log into Canvas. This netID is a special, UW-Madison issued username. You must use your NetID username plus a password to get into Canvas. It is different than your Online Reporting System (ORS) username and password.
Individuals registering for the Master Gardener Onboarding course will receive a netID at that time.
All Master Gardeners active in the program on April 2020 had a netID created and emailed. Your netID will be sent to the email address on file in the Master Gardener Program Online Reporting System (ORS).
If you can’t find your email to set up your netID, you may request it to be resent to you.
- Your email address listed in the ORS was used to start the netID process. Be sure to check that address.
- A unique email is required for each individual. If you share an email address, your netID was not created. Please contact the Master Gardener Program on how to proceed.
Here is all the stuff you will find inside Canvas in one convenient spot!
- Volunteer Vibe
- Plants Plus
- Onboarding Lite (highly recommended in 2021, counts for 10 hours of Continuing Education)
- All future advanced training courses
We are happy to tell you about some of the perks Canvas will give us.
- All in one location: All online learning supported by the state program office will be in one spot. You can also keep track of learning modules you’ve completed or Volunteer Vibes you have read.
- Interactive and fun: We will use fun features like quizzes, puzzles, and more, to make online learning more engaging.
- All the usual good stuff will be there: Readings, videos, podcasts, resources, links- all the things you’re used seeing in our educational online classes are making the move to Canvas.
If you require technical assistance, please contact the DoIT Helpdesk and state that you are an L3 student within the Division of Extension.
Accessing Your Extension Canvas Course for Users with NET ID
Setting Up a NET ID and Accessing Your Canvas Course for First Time Extension Lifelong Learners
Using a Mobile App to Access Canvas
Tablets and Phones
Do you use a tablet of phone? Please use an app for a better experience!